June 2018 — present
Head of IT Systems Development (Big Data Department)
• Developed microservices for internal dataflow control system, featuring event-sourcing, reactive streams, kappa-architecture.
(Scala, Akka Streams, Kafka, Reactive Streams)
• Developed adaptive web-GUI for GraphQL-based services, featuring SPA and Flux state management pattern.
(flex, Scala, scss, React, Bulma, webpack, Diode, GraphQL, SPA, scalajs-react, sbt-web-scalajs, npm, Flux/Redux, Scala.js, sangria)
• Improved and adapted Scala.js wrapper of Apollo client for GraphQL for new scalajs-react version.
(Scala, GraphQL, scalajs-react, Apollo, Scala.js)
• Developed scalajs react module for visualization of DAG(directed acyclic graph), featuring dagre typed wrapper with custom smoothing algorithm.
(Scala, scalajs-react, SVG, dagre, Scala.js)
• Automated assembling of rmp packages with custom systemd scripts for microservices using customized sbt plugin.
(Scala, sbt-native-packager, rpm, systemd)
August 2017 — June 2018
Head of IT Systems Development
• Developed reactive notification microservice, based on an asynchronous wrapper for blocking javax-mail and Slick JDBC calls, with test coverage using GreenMail.
(Scala, Akka Streams, javax-mail, GreenMail, Slick, Kafka, Reactive Streams)
• Build a codegen tool for rapid prototyping in terms of validatable architecture, based on ER-diagram, as part of an innovative pipeline of versioning, auto-documentation, and deployment.
(Scala, Graphviz, Slick, sbt, Nexus, Confluence, SQL)
• Developed a type-safe analytics package for ETL processes in Hadoop ecosystem, featuring REPL interface.
(Angular, Hive, Scala, Impala, Spark, Oozie)
• Created transcompiler Python → Scala to migrate financial analytic’s models to Spark, using ANTLR grammars.
(Scala, Python, ANTLR4, Spark, Parboiled)
June 2016 — August 2017
Senior Scala developer
• Performed BigData Warehouse tasks, including data validation, query optimization, and partitioning.
(Hive, Scala, Impala, Spark, Oozie, CDH)
• Developed, stress-tested and tuned distributed graph algorithms for an off-heap graph database.
(TinkerPop, Dijkstra, Scala, Gremlin, larray, Neo4j, Spark)
• Implemented PageRank for a Preguel-like distributed graph engine.
(Scala, breeze, Spark)
• Developed interactive visualization module for graph analytics distributed engine.
(Scala, Gephi, Akka, Spark, Akka Cluster)
September 2014 — June 2016
• Participated in network monitoring system development.
(Angular, Scala, grunt, SNMP, bootstrap, bower)
• Developed a visualization module for real-time event stream.
(Angular, grunt, WebSocket, npm, bootstrap, vis.js, bower)
• Developed interpreter for SNMP MID OID language, featuring variables, type system, math functions, and OID operations.
(peg, OID, Scala, parboiled, SNMP, MIB)
• Developed scalable modules for network monitoring system featuring Akka Cluster.
(Scala, Akka, Akka Cluster)
• Refactored code to magnet pattern for non-invasive libraries extensions.
(Scala, magnet pattern)
• Practiced aglie and scrum methodologies, developed custom Jira workflow.
(Jira, Confluence, agile boards)
• Worked with virtual machines and containers to make dev and test environment.
(VMware, Docker, VirtualBox)
• Developed non-blocking scala-interface for NoSQL database, performed optimization and administering.
(Scala, NoSQL, MongoDB, Akka, Actors)
January 2012 — September 2014
Biosim Research Group
• Managed and conducted R&D projects in mathematical modeling and machine learning.
(Matlab, Statistica, CUDA, Python, Mathematica, LaTeX, OpenCV, C++, R, Octave)
• Visualized how different prioritization strategies perform using ProcessingJS.
• Developed plugins for interactive customization of 3d models in 3ds Max.
(3ds Max, MaxScript)
• Developed and trained captcha solver using OpenCV.
(Python, OpenCV, Matlab, LaTeX)
• Developed GPU parallel code for Fast Multipole Method in molecular dynamics.
(OpenGL, GPU, CUDA, Fast Multipole Method, C++)
• Presented solution to optimal packaging problem using particle simulation and simulated annealing, developed Java implementation.
(Java, Swing, simulation annealing)
January 2012 — September 2014
• Developed web applications for business automation featuring Java.
(JSP, GWT, JPA, Spring, JavaFX, Hibernate)
• Developed websites, performed optimization and created plugins featuring Joomla platform.
(Joomla, PHP, JS)
January 2009 — January 2012
National Research Nuclear University MEPhI
• I won and managed the research project granted by Federal program “Scientific and pedagogic personnel of innovative Russia”, I also have an experience of writing the due contest, technical and report documentation for a series of similar projects.
(Python, Mathematica, LaTeX, 3D visualization, R)
• Developing and maintaining of a parallel computational cluster for scientific simulations in MEPhI department.
(SMP, SCALAPACK, LAPACK, OpenSuSE, Linux, BLAS, netboot, MPI, OpenMP, Ganglia, Zabbix, MPICH)
• Administering and maintaining LAN and Linux-servers and Windows-servers for a department.
(Linux, OpenSuSE, Windows Compute Cluster Server)
• Developing parallel applications using C/C++, Fortran, Python for scientific calculation, data manipulation, visualization, analysis, and publication, as part of the winning science project.
(FORTRAN, SMP, SCALAPACK, LAPACK, Python, BLAS, MPI, OpenMP, MPICH)
January 2008 — January 2009
• Developed MS Access applications using VBA for business automation.
(MySQL, MS Access, VBA)
• Developed and maintained websites using LAMP.
(Apache, Linux, PHP, MySQL, Wordpress, Joomla)